Translation again provided by @cindy_hadley
Castle’s heroine won the title of « Best actress in a foreign TV Show” for the second year in a row.
Just like her partner Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic stood out in the “Grand Prix des séries 2014”, acclaimed by the Télé 2 semaines readers.
The Castle heroine is pleased to play a strong woman on the show that airs on France 2.
– There is a love story between Kate Backett and Richard Castle, but there is also one between you and the Télé 2 semaines readers…
– I’m flattered. It’s gonna push me to give myself even more fully into my character. Everytime I come to France, your fellow citizens always give me such a warm welcome!
– Your character Kate is a woman who doesn’t let men dictate her behavior. Could you play a submissive girl?
– You can play everything. For myself, I prefer to play a strong woman because I grew up in a family and social environment where it was unacceptable to be pushed around! What makes Kate sexy is not just her physical appearance, it’s also her efficiency and her courage in her job!A few years back, a woman like her wouldn’t have had a chance on television. This shows how much society has evolved! However, women shouldn’t become castrating!
– We heard that the NYPD are fans?
– I met New York and Los Angeles detectives several times who were really nice with me.They let me observe them daily, I even studied with some of them a little. They opened case files of their ongoing cases and explained to me that the most important is to always have a solid case. Your conclusions and your evidence need to be irrefutable, it’s imperative.
– Or what?
– You could be removed from the case, or worst, the case could be closed without further action by the judge. None of the officers with whom I talked with wants to take the risk of letting a guilty person out of prison because of a badly built case.
French to Engish translation was done by my friend @cindy_hadley
For the second year in a row, the actor Nathan Fillion was elected “Best actor in a foreign TV Show” in the “Grand Prix des séries 2014” for Télé 2 semaines, The Castles hero enjoys his victory.
– In your opinion, why is Richard Castle/Nathan Fillion so popular with the French people?
– French men or women? The distinction is important! I’m very glad that this award was given to me again by your writing staff and readers. But I wouldn’t want people to think that I’m blackmailing you or that I’ve taken hostage someone from your family. (laugh)
– Does the idea that you’re so appealing to women gives you wings?
– I think that what draws French people to Castle is that first I play a very cool guy but more important: an antihero! And that’s exactly what the French like. It’s the fact that he’s so “fallible”. I don’t think I would have been very comfortable if I had played a sex symbol, a show off, a guy who never have doubts and does well under all circumstances. I have a lot of fun playing a cool guy who sometimes is wrong. It’s more like me.”
– Do you lack assurance in real life?
– You can be cool and have confidence in yourself. It’s not incompatible.
– I heard that you auditionned over 140 women for the Kate Beckett character, is it true?
– Yes, we’ve seen a lot of girls during the audition. A very very hard job like you can imagine. My god, we suffered. (laugh)
– And in the end everybody agreed on Stana? You can tell us, it’s been a long time…
– Yes, and they chose very well! (laugh) There are so many people during auditions and you’re waiting for just one thing, an actress who shows up in front of you and kills it. In the end it’s not me who made the decision. But when I learned that Stana had gotten the part I was relieved. I said to myself “Yay! A Canadian, so nice!” You know, there is this kind of solidarity among Canadians. We have been working together for 6 ears and this dynamic, this complicity is still there.
– There was talks about some tensions between you and Stana on set. How do you react to that?
– With incomprehension. You couldn’t make the audience believe that our characters love each other on the show if, behind the cameras, the actors couldn’t stand each other. It’s impossible.
Hey UTD and Rachelle Lefevre fans,
I’ve created a second blog to move all of my Rachelle/UTD postings to. So if you feel inclined, you can now find me at rachellefans.tumblr.com
Hope to see you there :)
Watch EXCLUSIVE On Set Of ‘Reclaim’ With Rachelle Lefevre Video Online, on GlobalNews.ca
Suspense Thriller RECLAIM To Star John Cusack, Ryan Phillippe and Rachelle Lefevre - movie news - Movies.ie
More details on the movie @RachelleLefevre is currently filming in Puerto Rico :)
DÃ©couvrez l’interview de Rachelle LeFevre donnÃ©e Ã AlloCinÃ© pour la sÃ©rie Under The Dome